1.2.11

Damon - You were supposed to leave.
Elena - I did, but then I came back to make sure you’re ok.
Damon - I appreciate the gesture. I’m just glad it’s over.
Elena - You know I don’t believe that.
Damon - Go home, Elena. Get some rest, it’s a whole new day tomorrow.
Elena - Damon, I’m your friend-
Damon - I’m well aware of that.
Elena - And a friend usually knows when their friend is hurting.
Damon - What do you wanna hear? That I cared about Rose? That I’m upset? Well I didn’t, and I’m not.
Elena - There you go. Pretending to turn it off, pretending not to feel. Damon, you’re so close, don’t give up.
Damon -  I feel, Elena. Ok? And it sucks. What sucks even more, is that it was supposed to be me. Jules was coming after me.
Elena - You feel guilty…
Damon - That would be human of me, wouldn’t it Elena? But I’m not human. You’re one to talk about giving up, all you’ve done is give up! Go home. There’s been enough doom, gloom & personal growth for one night.