29.4.10


BOOTH: I'm the gambler. I believe in giving this a chance. (He moves closer to her) Look, I wanna give this a shot.
BRENNAN: You mean us? (he nods) No. The FBI won't let us work together as a couple-
BOOTH: Don't do that. That is no reason why we can't...(He cuts himself off and kisses her. She kisses him back and then places her hands on his chest and pushes him away.)
BRENNAN: No. No.
BOOTH: Why? Why?
BRENNAN: You-you thought you were protecting me, but you're the one who needs protecting.
BOOTH: Protecting from what?
BRENNAN: From me! I - (she starts to break down) I don't have your kind of open heart.
BOOTH: Just give it a chance..that's all I'm asking..
BRENNAN: No, you said it yourself; the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.
BOOTH: Well, then let's go for a different outcome here, alright? Let's just - hear me out, alright? You know when you talk to older couples who, you know, have been in love for 30 or 40 or 50 years, alright, it's always the guy who says "I knew." I knew. Right from the beginning.
BRENNAN: Your evidence is anecdotal.
BOOTH: I'm that guy. Bones, I'm that guy. I know.
BRENNAN: I- I am not a gambler; I'm a scientist. I can't change. I don't know how. I don't know how.