18.12.11

Dawson: You really think I'd wanna sleep with you and not want it to mean more, Joey? You think I've been waiting all these years for us to have one night together and then go our separate ways? 
Joey: Oh, I'm sorry you got sick of waiting, Dawson. I'm sorry that I wanted our first time to mean something more than just-- 
Dawson: It does mean more, Joey! It-- I mean, it--it means everything to me. I-- I don't know what it means to you. 
Joey: Oh, you're saying that I wanted this to happen? 
Dawson: No, 'cause that would involve you actually knowing what you want, which we both know is not likely to happen anytime this decade. 
Joey: Oh, great, you know? Use something when I was a child! 
Dawson: You're still a child, Joey. You're still the same scared little girl who-- 
Joey: Who what? Who what, Dawson? Who broke your heart? God! Is the statute of limitations ever gonna end on that one? Ever?! Dawson, I'm sorry I don't have the same dreams I had when I was 15 years old, and I'm sorry that I moved on faster than you did, but you know what? Maybe not everything that happens to you is my fault! And maybe just because I want more from my life than-- 
Dawson: More than what? More than us? You don't know, do you? You've never known. The entire time I've known you, all you've wanted to do is escape. From me, from Capeside. I mean, you say that I'm the dreamer. I'm the one who doesn't wanna live in the real world. Well, I'm doing it, Joey. Right now. I'm living in the real world. It's you who wants the fantasy. 
Joey: I want the fantasy? 
Dawson: Yes. 
Joey: Who lit the candles? Who bought the champagne? 
Dawson: Who dumped who 4 years ago? Joey, I know what I want. I've always known what I want. Before we destroy whatever chance we might actually have at having a relationship, I'm asking you, please, stop and think about this. Is this really what you want? Is this... really the way that you want things to end between us?